Crop an picture
You can crop (trim unwanted parts from) a picture either by dragging with the mouse or by using the Image Properties dialog box.
Crop a picture by dragging
You can drag to crop a picture you have added in text. You can’t drag to crop background pictures or pictures in the map.
1. Click the picture to select it.
2. Press and hold the Shift key, and then drag a selection handle on the picture.
Click the picture to select it, choose Edit > Image > Crop and drag a selection handle on the picture. The status bar displays the new size of the picture in pixels as you drag.
Crop a picture using the Properties box
You can crop any picture using the Image Properties dialog box. The way you display this dialog box depends on whether the picture has been added in text, in the background of a page area, or as a map element.
1. If the picture has been added in text in a page area, double-click the picture.
If the picture has been added in the background of a page area, right-click the page area and choose Properties > Page Area, then click the Background tab. Then click the Properties button.
If the picture has been added as a map element, right-click the picture and choose Properties. Then click the Properties button.
2. Click the Crop tab.
3. Specify the number of pixels you want to crop from each side of the picture.
As you change the Crop from numbers, CuteSITE Builder shows the effect your changes will have on the size of the picture in the Cropped size field.
4. (Optional) If the picture is a picture in text (inserted in a page area), you can click Apply to see the effect your changes will have on the actual picture without closing the dialog box. You can then continue to crop the picture, or click Reset to restore the picture to its original size.
n A picture can be cropped to a minimum of 10x10 pixels.
n If you crop an animated picture, it will no longer be animated.
n If you are both cropping and resizing a picture, CuteSITE Builder applies the crop settings first and then resizes the picture.
n The crop settings you enter always apply to the original size. For example, if you crop a picture by 10 pixels on the top, and then decide that you want the picture to be even smaller, you must recrop it by a number greater than 10 pixels.
If you do recrop a picture, CuteSITE Builder reapplies any resize settings after applying the new crop settings.
n If you have inserted the same picture in multiple places in the file, you must crop each picture individually. Cropping the picture on one page doesn’t cause the same changes in any other instances of the picture. However, you can crop a picture, copy it to the clipboard, and paste the cropped picture in other locations.